Kirkby House, Holiday home in Whitby, North York Moors & Coast
Hidden away in an elevated position overlooking the harbour, this semi-detached cottage provides excellent accommodation with magnificent panoramic views.
Set over four floors, the property is perfectly placed for enjoying this popular historic seaside town and for exploring the surrounding countryside of the North York Moors National Park.
Offering modern furnishings with a contemporary feel, there is a bright and well-equipped kitchen, with a corner breakfast bar and picture windows to take in the views whilst relaxing over a leisurely breakfast!
The comfortable sitting room is on the top floor to take full advantage of views over the harbour activities, and features a 42" TV so that you can catch up on your favourite programmes.
From the property, steps lead down right into the hustle and bustle of this popular port, with its quaint, narrow cobbled streets, rich array of tea rooms, pubs and restaurants and long, sandy beaches.
Climb the 199 steps up to the famous Whitby Abbey, or take a bracing, exhilarating walk along the Cleveland Way clifftop trail.
The surrounding area offers a wealth of attractions including the steam railway at Grosmont, the Danby Moors Centre and pretty villages such as Robin Hood's Bay and Staithes.
With easy access to the market towns of Pickering, Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley, this attractive cottage is a superb base for a memorable holiday.
Over four floors.
Three bedrooms: 1 x lower ground floor double, 1 x lower ground floor single, 1 x ground floor twin.
Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC.
First floor kitchen with dining area and breakfast bar. Second floor sitting room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing/dryer, slimline dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, DAB radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgates on all sets of stairs
- ONE ALLOCATED PARKING SPACE ON THE ROPERY. Additional parking is on first come, first served basis at the bottom of Long Steps and at the top on The Ropery
- Small side patio with furniture and BBQ (accessed from the outside)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Beach 10 mins walk
- Note: This property is accessed by several steps and cobbled slope down from The Ropery or 48 steps up from Church Street.
About the Area - Whitby, North Yorkshire Coast
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.